Each year, MRCG commits funds to defray annual meeting costs for early career conservation professionals. Pre-program students, current graduate students, and recent graduates (within 2 years of graduation) are eligible to apply. The scholarship award covers the registration fee for the annual meeting, one year of MRCG membership, and hotel accommodation during the meeting.
Deadline: July 31, 2015
1) Fill out and submit the form below. Remember to attach your CV or resume!
2) Ask one conservation professional to write and submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. The author should email his or her letter directly to the MRCG at email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed by the MRCG officers who consider the following criteria when determining awards:
- Usefulness of meeting attendance to the applicant
- Completeness of the application
- Strength of the recommendation
- Level of participation in the meeting
Successful applicants are expected to volunteer at the annual meeting and write a blog post or newsletter article about their experience at the meeting. Please also note that this is a not a cash award; MRCG pays for the covered costs directly. Award notifications will be made by August 15, 2015.