Seventh MaSC Workshop and Meeting
The Art Institute of Chicago, Northwestern University, the Field Museum, and Agilent Technologies
Chicago, Illinois, USA
17 – 22 May 2015
The 7th Workshop and Meeting of the Users’ Group for Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography (MaSC) will take place in Chicago from Sunday 17th – Friday 22nd May 2015.
Registration for the workshop (17-20 May) is now closed, but registration to attend the meeting at the Art Institute of Chicago on 21-22 May is still open.
The meeting will include a session on inorganic and isotope ratio mass spectrometry, the topic of the 2015 workshop, but will also cover a broad range of applications of diverse chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques to study art and cultural artefacts. Topics will include:
- Stable isotope analysis as a provenancing tool for marble artefacts
- ICP-MS and lead isotope analysis of Roman silver
- The characterisation of proteins and gums by MALDI-TOF and related MS techniques
- Py-GCMS analysis of Asian and European lacquers
- GCMS and VOC analysis of degradation markers in modern materials
- GCMS and LCMS characterisation of aqueous and oleoresinous paint media
Full details of the workshop and meeting, a registration form, and practical information on accommodation, payment, etc. can be found on the MaSC website:
Questions can be addressed to the local organisers and MaSC committee, c/o Ken Sutherland and Marc Walton, MASC2015AIC@artic.edu